Thursday, May 3, 2012

“Stop Worrying And Start Living Your Life To The Fullest!”

“Stop Worrying And Start Living Your Life To The Fullest!”
Needless Worrying
You can diminish stress by becoming self-aware that
90% of the things you worry about are considered by the
experts as needless worry. Needless worrying can consume
your life, drain your energy, and weaken your immune
system, causing you to get sick more easily.

If I find myself worrying needlessly, I tell myself: “Do I
have control over this situation? Can I change the outcome?
Then forget about it!” That’s right. I tell myself, “Forget
about it!” As soon as the words are spoken, a certain feeling
of relief sets in. You can also say, “And this too shall pass”,
(Author unknown).

The realization that the outcome of the situation is out
of my control relieves the tension. There is a great statement
that puts it all in perspective:
Things We Worry About
Things that never happen: 40%.
Things over and past, that can’t be changed: 30%.
Needless worries about our health: 12%.
Petty miscellaneous worries: 10%.
Real legitimate worries 8%.
Which leaves 92% of all worry we do
as useless.
--Dr. Walter Cavert

We all have a variety of worries and fears as we go
through life: the fear of not marrying the right person;
failing in business; the fear of dying; the loss of a loved one;
the fear of being poor; and thousands of other fears.
You can control your fears by using these techniques:
1- Put the fear in proper perspective.
2- Analyze the fear. Why are you worrying?
3- What is the worst possible thing that could happen?
If the worst possible thing does happen, will you still have
your mind? Will you still be alive? How terrible will it
really be? In reality, how terribly important is this thing
that worries you?
4- Write out the worst possible scenario on paper, then
remind yourself that 92% of all worrying is not necessary.
Positive thoughts help you create your success. Negative
thoughts create a brick wall that surrounds you and keeps
you from seeing what you can achieve.

Andrew Carnegie, the millionaire steel industry leader,
had positive thoughts when he said, “Take away my factories
and my machines, but let me keep my people and within two
years I’ll be back in business and as successful as ever.”
C-2005 John Paul Carinci from his book

No comments:

Post a Comment