Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Greatness Is Within Our Reach

We Are Each Born into This
World Destined for Greatness!
“Success is very subjective. We may each interpret what the definition
of success is for our own lives. Success may mean a promotion, a new
job, having a baby, or raising a family. Or to you it may mean becoming
the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. You will slowly gravitate toward
the level of what you most consistently desire in life. Carl Yastrzemski,
the great baseball player, said, “I think about baseball when I wake up in
the morning. I think about it all day, and I dream about it at night. The
only time I don’t think about it is when I’m playing it.”

In Carl Yastrzemski’s Hall of Fame acceptance speech of 1989, he
said in part:”
“I can stand here—I can stand before you today and tell you honestly that
every day I put that Red Sox uniform on I gave 100 percent of myself for my
own. I treated it with dignity and respect in deference to our fans. A high
regard for my teammates, coaches and management. Anything less would
not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible.”

Have you figured out what you truly want? Or are you just playing
with time, as if you had all the time in the world to decide and to
fight for what you will one day want? Goals. Dreams. Inspiration.
Success never comes to people with mere fleeting dreams. Those who
are truly successful are very driven individuals who never, ever stop
thinking about and working at their dream or goal. Truly driven people
sometimes can’t sleep at night. They can’t. Their brains are working
furiously in overdrive, calculating, thinking, planning, and seeing their
vision happen in their minds. Driven people are not followers; they are
leaders marching to their own tune.”

“What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
—Napoleon Hill (1883-1970), American author

“Vince Lombardi, the world-renowned football coach, said it best
when he stated, “Winning is not a some-time thing; it’s an all-time
thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in
a while; you do them right all the time.”
C-2012 John Paul Carinci from the book: An All-Consuming Desire To Succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment