Thursday, May 24, 2012

“Be Different, And Become Great!”

“Be Different, And Become Great!”

“Psychologists tell us that some people are actually frightened by the thought of success. They’re scared of what success will bring or they feel that they just don’t deserve to be successful. Others may stop pursuing greater success because they’ve reached their comfort level Therefore, they stop pushing themselves. And it is a push!

Success can be a struggle that requires a strong desire and an intense will to succeed.
Success does not come and grab you. You must go out and grab it.
Remember, the positive self-suggestion: “I will be successful; it’s inevitable because my aggressiveness will create new opportunities for my success.” Make this your motto. Repeat your own self-suggestion statements to yourself daily. Write them down.

“I will persist until I succeed.
I was not delivered into this world in
defeat, nor does failure course in my veins.
I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my
shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to
walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear
not those who weep and complain, for their
disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep.
The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed.”
--Og Mandino
Motivational Author

“You were not born successful. You were born with abilities, traits, and a degree of intelligence that can be combined to make you successful and those things will
help you to accomplish great goals. Successful people have learned to work hard, to seek out new opportunities, and to take risks along the way.

The best example of this is the following record of an individual:
At age 22 he failed in business.
At age 23 he ran for State Legislature and was defeated.
At age 24 he failed once more in business.
At age 25 he was elected to the State Legislature.
At age 26 his sweetheart died at an early age.
At age 27 he had a nervous breakdown.
At age 29 he was defeated for Speaker.
At age 31 he was defeated for Elector.
At age 34 he was defeated for Congress.
At age 37 he was elected to Congress.
At age 39 he was defeated for Congress.
At age 46 he was defeated for Senate.
At age 47 he was defeated for Vice President.
At age 49 he was defeated for Senate.
At age 51 he was elected the 16th President of the United States.
--Author Unknown

This great man, of course, was Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States. Thank goodness Lincoln was not a quitter. If he had been a quitter, the country would have missed out on having one of its greatest presidents.”

To paraphrase the words of Jesus, “Nothing will be impossible to you if you have faith the size of a mustard seed.” (Matthew 17:20)

“Conrad Hilton said, “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”

C- 2005 John Paul Carinci

No comments:

Post a Comment