Saturday, May 5, 2012

Blinders to Protect Your Brain

Blinders to Protect Your Brain
“There are so many negatives all around us that sometimes it may feel
like it is impossible to forge ahead and stay positive. But there are some
real fixes you can practice in your everyday living. A few things to put
into practice immediately are these:
1. Put it all in perspective.
2. Take life one day at a time.
3. U se self-suggestion statements.
4. Exercise regularly to control any extra stress.
5. Be thankful for everything that is right in your life.
6. E ach morning, noon, and night, visualize what you plan to
accomplish, what your long-term goal or dream is.
7. Apply mental blinders to protect and shield your subconscious.”

“There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two
days which should be kept from fear and apprehension.
One of these days is Yesterday with all its mistakes and cares, its faults
and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our
control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot
undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said.
Yesterday is gone forever.
The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with all its
possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and its poor performance;
tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow’s sun will rise,
either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does,
we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet to be born.
This leaves only one day, Today.
Any person can fight the battle of just one day. It is when you and I add
the burdens of those two awful eternities—Yesterday and Tomorrow—that
we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives a person mad; it is the
remorse or bitterness of something which happened yesterday and the dread
of what tomorrow may bring.
Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time.”
—Author unknown

“Okay, so we understand that we cannot allow ourselves to get
overwhelmed about life, problems, money, sickness, even love. We
must keep it all in perspective, and when we do, it always seems more
manageable. One day at a time is easy to conquer!
So the magic potion, then, is the power of feeding your subconscious
mind. It has been proven that the subconscious mind will accept and
believe that which is fed into it on a consistent basis. So if we feed it
prepared statements or thoughts on a systematic basis, our subconscious
mind will accept these thought impulses as facts.

Very important: Your subconscious mind will believe and act upon
the thoughts it receives from the conscious mind. Your subconscious
mind never sleeps. It is constantly processing and releasing back to your
conscious mind thoughts that will either reinforce good feelings or
reinforce negative feelings.

The mental blinders I speak about are something you consciously
imagine applying. When you hear, see, or feel all the negativity around
you, you effectively raise the blinders to serve as a shield by repeating
positive self-suggestion affirmations. Positive self-suggestions should be
custom-made, but to get you started, some I use are the following: “I
feel healthy, I feel happy, I feel terrific!”
The magic in affirmations comes when you keep the statements
consistent. The subconscious mind must be convinced through
repetition that the statement or desire is valid.

So take a statement like, “I will finish writing this book in three
months, and it will be fabulous!” This statement will be accepted, if
repeated throughout the day numerous times. Then the positive impulses
will be sent from your inner, subconscious mind to your conscious,
outer mind. The impulses released will be like the light pulsations from
a strobe light, reminding you, even when you are occupied with other
things, that you will be finishing the new book.
You could use an affirmation such as, “I feel great, I feel accomplished,
I am getting more done every day!”

My custom affirmations have not changed in many years. I have
three different, very long statements which I choose from. I try to say
them all to myself each and every day. It is precisely these affirmations
that slowly and systematically, over time, raise the mental blinders that
shield my subconscious mind from absorbing most of the negative talk,
news, and actions that surround us all. I hear, see and read the same
negatives every day that everyone else does, but it is as if they bounce
right off the shield that has been built up to protect the inner part of my
mind, the all-powerful subconscious.

Here is only a small sample of one of my personal affirmations. This
one actually runs much longer in its entirety:

“I feel healthy, I feel happy, I feel terrific. I like myself, I like myself, I like
myself. I will be successful; it’s inevitable because my aggressiveness will lead
to opportunities for my success. I can, I will, I want to. All things are possible
through belief in myself and the Lord, and with His help I can accomplish
anything. I feel great, I feel wonderful, I’ve got the world by the tail. If I start
acting enthusiastic, I’ll become enthusiastic. If I start acting positive, I will
become positive. If I start acting happy, I will become happy. It’s amazing,
but when I act enthusiastic, others around me become enthusiastic. When
I act positive, others around me become positive. When I act happy, others
around me become happy. We have choices in life—we can act enthusiastic
or blasé. I choose to act enthusiastic. We can act positive or . . .”
The statement goes on for another five minutes. It is important to
stress that my statement must be repeated three times throughout the
day. It has never changed and is totally memorized, as are the other two
full five-minute statements.

So there you have it: my success formula for combating depression
and negativity, and for accomplishing any reasonable goal or dream you
may have. Many readers will be thoroughly entertained by this book,
but they will not apply much of what I suggest. There will be those very
few, the ones who are tired of being tired and who want to raise their
success level, who will apply some of the methods described. Those few
make writing a book like this all that more rewarding. Your life will
change forever if you allow it to, by applying what you are reading here.
And when it does, I want you to contact me and share it with me.
Remember, it is easier to follow the crowd; it is harder to clear your
own path through an unknown forest.”
C-2012 John Paul Carinci from the book: An All-Consuming Desire To Succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment