Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PERSEVERANCE - A TRAIT TO LEARN

Perseverance: A Trait To Learn

W. Clement Stone said, “Do what you’re afraid to do. When you run away because you are afraid to do something big, you pass opportunity by.”

The idea was stated very nicely in Whitney Houston’s song, “One Moment In Time,” with the words: “Give me one moment in time, where I’m more than I thought I could
be, where all of my dreams are a heartbeat away, and the answers are all up to me.”

The writer Jack London, wrote something similar:
“I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a
brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper
function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”
--Jack London
American Author
(1876-1916)

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not;
nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not;
unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of
educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
--Calvin Coolidge
30th President of the United States
(1923-1929)

No comments:

Post a Comment