Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Little Encouragement Goes a Long Way

"Sometimes a small word of encouragement can go a great distance
in motivating one onward to new and lofty goals. Today an old
acquaintance called me from far away. We hadn’t seen each other in
almost twenty-five years. He called me to tell me that he was reading
one of the books I had written. Since he had never read one of my books
before, I was interested in his assessment.

When he told me that he had been reading my book until four
o’clock in the morning and he couldn’t put it down, it made me feel
great—not because I wanted to hear someone else tell me that my
writing was riveting, but because I wanted to hear that someone whose
opinion I respected a great deal was actually enjoying one of my books.


I thought about the impact that a well-placed kind word has on a
person. As a writer, where it takes anywhere from three to five years to
completely write a new book, it is very encouraging to receive positive
feedback. In fact, just one honest and very positive statement from
another can actually motivate me to complete a new project. In my
case, the positive feedback helps push me to drive forward with my next
book. And when a book can take up to five years to complete, with many
hurdles along the way, it is those well-placed comments that I remember
so well. I draw on the positives from my past writing successes to help
with whatever current writing difficulties I am facing. So the next time
you think a positive thought about someone, don’t hesitate to let him or
her know it. Maybe that comment will stay with them for many months
to come.


We Are Each Born into This
World Destined for Greatness!

In 1977, Mrs. Debbi Fields, at age 20, with no business experience,
opened her first cookie store. Debbi persuaded banks to finance “Mrs.
Fields Chocolate Chippery.” The rest is chocolate-chip history. Mrs.
Fields Cookies are enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. In
the 1990s the company was sold to an investment firm. Mrs. Fields and
her husband became very wealthy with a simple concept: great chocolate
chip cookies!"
C- 2011 John Paul Carinci form the book An All-Consuming Desire To Succeed


No comments:

Post a Comment