Saturday, April 14, 2012

And This, Too, Shall Pass!

 
"Don’t sweat the small stuff, and it’s all small stuff."

—Richard Carlson
   
"The majority of what you presently consider problems, one year
from today, will seem minuscule, unimportant. When compared to
serious problems that exist in the world, most of our problems are,
in reality, insignificant. Of course, we believe our problems are very
important. Like my tremendous backache, or my knee that throbbed
for weeks for which I thought I would need an operation, most socalled
“important” problems slowly disappear. The strange thing is this:
When you look around yourself, really study the people you encounter
on a daily basis, you will see many people far worse off than you. This
always wakes me right up, and the problems I thought were so severe
just slowly evaporate.

There are many people who sit late at night when they are alone and
fester with worry. Perhaps they eat too much or bite their nails endlessly
while worrying about a host of things—the same things they always
seem to worry about. It is a known fact that when a person over-worries,
the body reacts as if threatened. The brain, when overwhelmed with
worry, releases a stress hormone called cortisol, which can cause excess
belly fat and possibly heart disease. Over time, excessive worry can have
a huge effect on memory loss. The human brain is like a manufacturing
plant, producing a whole concoction of chemicals. In short, they can
cure you or ultimately kill you. Therefore, it is paramount that what
you feed your mind be positive and not negative, destructive thoughts.

Once again we come back to positive affirmations. One powerful
thing that can separate you from the mass of people who walk this earth
in a fog of worry is your positive thinking, which will keep you inoculated
against the disease of negative influences and negative thoughts.
(1961-2006),
 

Self-Talk Affirmations
I suggest the following as brief positive affirmations:
  • “Stop! Stop worrying. Ninety-two percent of all worry is useless self-defeating and draining.
and “I am good, I am secure, I can overcome anything!” “If the worst happens, will I still have my mind? Will I still have my eyes, my ears, my legs? Will I still have the people who love me? Then I truly have it all." “The Lord is my Shepherd; I will not fear! Let me take this problem and give it over to the Lord."  “I feel healthy, I feel blessed, I really do have it made.” “And this, too, shall pass!”
C- 2011 John Paul Carinci

 



No comments:

Post a Comment