Sunday, November 29, 2015

From Failure To Success

From Failure To Success
“Not every successful person started out that way.
Many were failures before they turned their lives around.
Energizing themselves by being dissatisfied has turned
more unsuccessful people into tremendous successes.
One such person was a man named Og Mandino. Og
had hit rock bottom and came very close to taking his own
life.
As a youngster, Og’s mother would tell him, “Some day
you will be a writer…not just a writer but a great writer!”
Og’s mother died before he graduated high school and
he felt devastated for years. During World War II, he flew
thirty bombardier missions over Germany. After the war
ended, he got married, had a child, sold life insurance, and
slowly drank himself into alcoholism.
It took ten years before he ruined his marriage, forcing
his wife and daughter to leave him, and for him to completely
bottom out. With his last ten dollars, he contemplated buying
the gun he saw in a pawnshop window. Something stopped
him from carrying out the suicide he envisioned. Instead,
he wound up in a library that day and tried to find an answer
for his life in self-help books, and one in particular: Success
Through A Positive Mental Attitude.
Og found something that changed his life in those books.
He went on to head the magazine “Success Unlimited” and
wrote the world renowned book, The Greatest Salesman
In The World. He sold over 25 million copies of his many
inspirational titles, which became his way of helping
millions of people improve their lives.
Og was clearly inspired to action. Positive Visualization?
You bet! The magic of believing is powerful when accepted
by the subconscious mind.”
“I will persist until I succeed.
I was not delivered into this world in
defeat, nor does failure course in my veins.
I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my
shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to
walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear
not those who weep and complain, for their
disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep.
The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed.”
--Og Mandino
C-2005 John Paul Carinci from the book The Power Of Being Different

No comments:

Post a Comment