Saturday, January 31, 2015

WHAT A FANTASTIC MOVIE IDEA - "Defying Death In Hagerstown" the NEW novel by John Paul Carinci

Subject:  WHAT A FANTASTIC MOVIE IDEA - "Defying Death In Hagerstown" the NEW novel by John Paul Carinci

JUST PUBLISHED novel... 
The long awaiting novel: "Defying Death In Hagerstown"
is now available in paperback, and due for distribution by 4-2015. I can send a copy for you to consider.

This unique story was influenced by an actual 1923 diary, though the book is in fact fiction, the diary plays a big part of solving a mystery in the novel.

    
 Here's the latest on John's HAGERSTOWN NOVEL "DEFYING DEATH IN HAGERSTOWN"
Staten Islander - John Paul Carinci’s Pens his 8th Book Based On A 1923 Diary
Insurance executive and native Islander, John Paul Carinci has written his 8th book, to be published in early 2015 by Morgan James Publishing. The novel, entitled "Defying Death In Hagerstown" was inspired by an actual diary from 1923.
The idea for this fiction book happened by accident, when John won a diary from EBay, which was penned in 1923, by a young woman from Hagerstown Md.  AMAZON LINK:  http://www.amazon.com/Defying-Death-Hagerstown-John-Carinci/dp/1630473510/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408391977&sr=1-10&keywords=carinci
 The 90 year old diary of 365 pages, was fully handwritten by a woman known only as Lolita. “I knew there was a story there somewhere, but more importantly I was drawn into the time, the young woman, the love interest she had throughout the year,” Carinci says.
“I was CONSUMED with finding out who and whatever happened to this Lolita from Hagerstown Md. It took years to find out who she was, that she married the love interest, and when she passed on. SO, I wrote a novel, based on a character from Hagerstown, named Lolita,” he added.
The story revolves around a young newspaper reporter, who is rapidly self- destructing, after a bad breakup with his fiancée, and who has a drinking problem, is a real mess at work, and is ready to be fired.
His last chance assignment is to go to Hagerstown, Md.  and interview a centenarian wonder woman of 110 years old, named Lolita, who resides in a nursing home.  The reporter later uncovers the diary from 1923, and that Lolita, in 1923, lived through a mass murder spree of 3 of her young girlfriends in Hagerstown that still was unsolved. The reporter sees a real story in the murders, and is consumed with investigating and solving this 90 year old mystery. But someone in Hagerstown is rattled by his nosing around, and bullets fly, and someone is killed.  
The book will be available soon on Amazon.
John has also published his 9th book, a self help book entitled: "Awesome Success Principles and Quotations," published through AuthorHouse publishing. He his currently working on his 9th book, a novel taking place in Gettysburg, Pa.
John P. Carinci
Carinci Insurance Agency.inc.
62 Memphis Ave.
Staten Island, N.Y. 10312
Tel.:718-966-8988
Fax: 718-966-8931
www.johncarinci.com
 
Louis Gerhani is a hard drinking, heartbroken, newspaper reporter for the Washington Gazette. He is disinterested in life after his fiancé left him for a doctor, and his final assignment in order to retain his job is to write a full story on Lolita Croome, an 110 year old, philosophical woman, and the oldest living person in the country, who resides in a nursing home in Hagerstown Maryland.
As he reluctantly begins the assignment, he uncovers a 90 year old unsolved triple murder of three young women, that Lolita lived through, and a full diary from Lolita from 1923, the year of the murders.

Consumed with solving the murders, turning out the story of a lifetime, and using the diary, Lou begins to wake a sleeping giant that someone is clearly trying to keep unsolved at all costs.

Major violence erupts in this quiet town as Lou tries desperately to stay alive, finish the story, solve the murders, fall in love, and learn from a very wise, old woman.

Defying Death In Hagerstown is the page turner on the century.

REVIEWS:
"John Paul Carinci delivers yet another top-notch thriller!  Defying Death in Hagerstown is a compelling and authentic exposition of the classic murder mystery. It has everything--shocking crime, compelling characters and a clever, clever plot. Get ready to stay up all night!"

~Brien Jones, author of The New Manuscript

"A Masterful Book. John Paul Carinci writes with beauty and elegance of one man's journey from hopelessness to the miracle of life. An amazing read you'll remember for its mystery and wonder long after its ending!"

Ellen Marie George, author of Flutterby

“I am blown away! This was a great read. You have a special gift with creating characters that live and breathe.”

Carol Rehman author


(excerpt from the new action novel: “Defying Death In Hagerstown”:

As I exited the news building, the day’s activity and stress finally hit

me. I was exhausted, mentally more than physically. My legs felt like

they had heavy weights attached, and my back felt like I had just played

a full game of football against the Dallas Cowboys.

 

The air was warm and breezy as I crossed the street to where my

car was parked. My mind was working overtime in calculations and

thoughts of the entire day, of murder victims, of Lolita, and my

newfound acquaintances who had been so helpful in my investigation.

As I crossed the empty and dead-quiet street, a dark car suddenly

swerved toward me with a screech of tires that shocked me to attention.

My eyes quickly focused on the vehicle, tires smoking as it raced right at

me. The split second I had to think convinced me that I was a dead man.

My first reaction was to run, but tired feet cannot outrun a car gunned

full-out with a head of steam.

 

Before I could move a muscle, I heard a loud slapping sound of

hands, arms, body; I saw bright lights . . . and then total blackness.

 

It’s amazing how fast a calculation the human brain can make

in a life-or-death situation, convincing the person in that tenth of a

second that their chances of surviving their current severe situation are

almost zero percent. My situation was no different. My mind came up

with me hitting a half-billion-dollar lottery faster than surviving that

oncoming car.

 

The darkness quickly turned bright, and I saw my mother and

deceased father as they looked when they had just been married. They

were smiling at me as they were illuminated in very bright light, as if a

spotlight was shining on them. All I could do was stare. No words were

spoken; there was just brightness, happiness, calmness, and peace—

perfectly quiet peace. Heavenly, I thought, and then, Me? Heaven? Now?

No way! But if this isn’t heaven, what is it?

 

We all hear about tunnels of bright light, of relatives greeting the

new arrivals, and some convincing the person who’s near death that it

isn’t their time yet and they must go back. I waited, but there was no

sign, no communication, no tunnel, and no movement. Just peace and

quiet like I’d never experienced before.

 

Then suddenly, the bright light grew brighter, blinding, as my

parents disappeared and were replaced with just pure light. I wasn’t

scared or worried about hell or heaven. I didn’t want to wake up, or go

back home, or do anything but bask in the glorious bright light and

perfect silence—a silence I had always yearned for but had never found,

a silence that solved all the problems of the world. Maybe this is it! I

thought, hoping that heaven was waiting for me.

 

But suddenly I heard a noise that shattered the silence, though I

couldn’t decipher the sounds or even where they were coming from.

They grew louder, and the light grew intensely bright in my eyes. Louder

still, a man’s voice spoke: “Okay . . . it’s okay . . . .”

 

My eyes slowly opened and focused on a man with a beard—a

doctor.

C-2014 John Paul Carinci  from Defying Death In Hagerstown





 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment