Saturday, February 14, 2015

ACTION THRILLER OF THE CENTURY JUST RELEASED

**HAGERSTOWN NOVEL JUST RELEASED** "DEFYING DEATH IN HAGERSTOWN now avail. at **Turn The Page Bookstore** They carry SIGNED COPIES ****(EXCERPT:) “Defying Death In Hagerstown”:***As I exited the news building, the day’s activity and stress finally hit me. I was exhausted, mentally more than physically. My legs felt likethey had heavy weights attached, and my back felt like I had just played a full game of football against the Dallas Cowboys.
The air was warm and breezy as I crossed the street to where my
car was parked. My mind was working overtime in calculations and
thoughts of the entire day, of murder victims, of Lolita, and my
newfound acquaintances who had been so helpful in my investigation.
As I crossed the empty and dead-quiet street, a dark car suddenly
swerved toward me with a screech of tires that shocked me to attention.
My eyes quickly focused on the vehicle, tires smoking as it raced right at
me. The split second I had to think convinced me that I was a dead man.
My first reaction was to run, but tired feet cannot outrun a car gunned
full-out with a head of steam.
Before I could move a muscle, I heard a loud slapping sound of
hands, arms, body; I saw bright lights . . . and then total blackness.
It’s amazing how fast a calculation the human brain can make
in a life-or-death situation, convincing the person in that tenth of a
second that their chances of surviving their current severe situation are
almost zero percent. My situation was no different. My mind came up
with me hitting a half-billion-dollar lottery faster than surviving that
oncoming car.
The darkness quickly turned bright, and I saw my mother and
deceased father as they looked when they had just been married. They
were smiling at me as they were illuminated in very bright light, as if a
spotlight was shining on them. All I could do was stare. No words were
spoken; there was just brightness, happiness, calmness, and peace—
perfectly quiet peace. Heavenly, I thought, and then, Me? Heaven? Now?
No way! But if this isn’t heaven, what is it?
We all hear about tunnels of bright light, of relatives greeting the
new arrivals, and some convincing the person who’s near death that it
isn’t their time yet and they must go back. I waited, but there was no
sign, no communication, no tunnel, and no movement. Just peace and
quiet like I’d never experienced before.
Then suddenly, the bright light grew brighter, blinding, as my
parents disappeared and were replaced with just pure light. I wasn’t
scared or worried about hell or heaven. I didn’t want to wake up, or go
back home, or do anything but bask in the glorious bright light and
perfect silence—a silence I had always yearned for but had never found,
a silence that solved all the problems of the world. Maybe this is it! I
thought, hoping that heaven was waiting for me.
But suddenly I heard a noise that shattered the silence, though I
couldn’t decipher the sounds or even where they were coming from.
They grew louder, and the light grew intensely bright in my eyes. Louder
still, a man’s voice spoke: “Okay . . . it’s okay . . . .”
My eyes slowly opened and focused on a man with a beard—a
doctor. C-2015 JOHN PAUL CARINCI
Avail. on AmazonHAGERSTON ACTION THRILLER

No comments:

Post a Comment