Tuesday, March 12, 2013

READERS HIGHLIGHTS FROM : "The Power Of Being Different"

https://kindle.amazon.com/work/the-power-being-different-ebook/B000BACTNA/B002C75GY4

THE POWER OF BEING DIFFERENT by John Paul Carinci
Readers Highlight from the book:
Joel Barker, an American author, said, “Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.”

  1. Lord Gintao: -Michelangelo #greatness
    “Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.”

  2. Phebe highlighted:
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. --Calvin Coolidge 30th President of the United States (1923-1929)
     
  3. it’s outcome. -- William James Psychologist The Miracle of Life Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do which must be done,

  4. John Quincy Adams said, “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” The inventor of the disposable
  5.  
    Rosa: Remarkable
    At age 22 he failed in business. At age 23 he ran for State Legislature and was defeated. At age 24 he failed once more in business. At age 25 he was elected to the State Legislature. At age 26 his sweetheart died at an early age. At age 27 he had a nervous breakdown. At age 29 he was defeated for Speaker. At age 31 he was defeated for Elector. At age 34 he was defeated for Congress. At age 37 he was elected to Congress. At age 39 he was defeated for Congress. At age 46 he was defeated for Senate. At age 47 he was defeated for Vice President. At age 49 he was defeated for Senate. At age 51 he was elected the 16thPresident of the United States. --Author Unknown
     

  6. Mairely N.☀ highlighted:
    You can achieve greatness. You must be willing to pay the price to attain such success. What do you want? What is the burning desire deep inside you? When you get very serious about achieving a goal, write it down, and plan how to attain it. The burning desire starts to become more real, and an all-important drive to accomplish that goal takes over. Be careful not to turn all your wants and small

  7. WSaxe highlighted:
    The worst bankrupt in the world is the person who has lost his enthusiasm. --H.W. Arnold

  8. Willyton highlighted:
    sad? The Lord is my Shepherd-I shall not fear! The Lord is my Shepherd-I shall not fear! The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not Fear! You know, I really do feel healthy! I really do feel happy! I really do feel terrific! I have a wonderful loving wife who will love me to the day I die. I have a fabulous job that pays me extremely well, yet challenges me every single day. I have a brand new luxury car every few years that will take me anywhere I want to go and any time I want to go. I have enough money saved up that I can to stop working for the next 4, 5, 6, or 7 years. I can even take up singing, painting or writing and still be able to survive. I really do have it made. I really do have the world by the tail, and I thank God every day.”

  9. Willyton highlighted:
    success! I can, I will, I want to! All things are possible through belief in myself and the Lord, and with His help I can accomplish anything! I feel great! I feel wonderful, I’ve got the world by the tail! If I start acting enthusiastic, I will become enthusiastic! If I start acting positive, I will become positive! If I start acting happy, I will become happy! It’s amazing: when I act enthusiastic, others around me become enthusiastic! It’s amazing: when I act positive, others around me become positive! It’s amazing: when I act happy, others around me become happy! We’ve got choices in life; we can act enthusiastic or we can act blasé. I choose to act enthusiastic! We can act positive or we can act negative. I choose to act positive. We can act happy or we can act sad. I choose to act happy. Why would anyone in his right mind want to

  10. Willyton highlighted:
    My Positive Self-Suggestion Statements “I feel healthy; I feel happy; I feel terrific! I like myself! I like myself! I like myself! I will be successful; it’s inevitable because my aggressiveness will equal opportunities for my

  11. ms lex highlighted:
    psychologist and philosopher, William James, who said, “Sow an action and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny.”

  12. ms lex highlighted:
    You were not born successful. You were born with abilities, traits, and a degree of intelligence that can be combined to make you successful and those things will help you to accomplish great goals.

  13. ms lex highlighted:
    With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance all things are attainable. --Buckston Philosopher

  14. ms lex highlighted:
    Orison S. Marden, Founder of Success Magazine, said, “Our destiny changes with our thought; we shall become what we wish to become, do what we wish to do, when our habitual thought corresponds with our desire.”

  15. ms lex highlighted:
    Every problem is an opportunity, and every person is a possibility. --Robert Schuller Author/Clergy Input of the Good

  16. ms lex highlighted:
    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will. --Vince Lombardi Football Coach (1913-1970)

  17. ms lex: this is great!
    Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. --George Washington Carver American Agriculture Chemist/

  18. newvista highlighted:
    Success means you have to be willing to risk not listening to your common sense.

  19. Rahel M. Smith highlighted:
    The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity, and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%. --Andrew Carnegie

  20. INNOCENT I OKORE: You never know your potentiality until you step to action.Life rewards action and never inaction. Do not be afraid toStep to action.
  21.  highlighted:
    Worry should be considered a major health hazard. Your heart rate increases, your blood pressure goes up, your blood vessels constrict, and adrenaline is released by your brain. Your muscles tense up and your blood sugar goes up because your mind thinks your body needs extra strength.

  22. Osama Ishtawi highlighted:
    “Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.”
     

  23. Mairely N.☀ highlighted:
    How have you made it a better place in which to live? In what ways have you had positive, lasting effects on others? What special innovation will you be remembered for? Will people think of you as a doer, a visionary, a leader who accomplished something better? Or, will people remember you for having wasted :
  24. Your life is such a great asset. As you grow, you learn to protect your life, to take care of your health, and to nurture your mind. But, do you really put the right effort in making the most of this gift called life? You don’t have to discover a new invention or be the president of the country, but you do have the responsibility to ask yourself, Do you consciously try to make the world better?

  25. ms lex highlighted:
    It’s our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task, that will more than anything else determine it’s outcome. -- William James

  26. voracious learner: I think he was on to something!
    Writing your goals is a necessary step to accomplishing them. God gave every single human being a certain amount of talent, and unless you utilize that talent to the utmost of your ability 24 hours of every day your life, you deceive your God, your family, and above all yourself. This is what life is all about, this is my religion. --George Allen Football Coach (1918-1990)

  27. Leo highlighted:
    “Smarter than the average bear.”

  28. Lord Gintao: Words for life
    The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity, and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%. --Andrew Carnegie
  29.  
     
    John Quincy Adams said, “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

  30. Esteban highlighted:
    But never, never ever give up.
  31.  
    Shirley A Hayes highlighted:
    “I develop men exactly the same way you mine gold. In order to get an ounce of gold, you move tons and tons of dirt. But you don’t go looking for the dirt; you go looking for the gold.”

  32. Outlaw_Frog highlighted:
    I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. --Jack London American Author (1876-1916)

  33. Leo highlighted:
    People can too often fail because they do not “stay focused.” Remember that staying focused on the small goals is the way you accomplish the final goal.

  34. Happy Holly highlighted:
    With that, Lee handed Schwab a blank piece of paper and said, ‘Write down the six most important things you have to do tomorrow and number them in order of importance. Now put this piece of paper in your pocket. First thing tomorrow morning look at item one and start working on it until you finish it; then do item two, and so on; do this until quitting time and don’t be concerned if you’ve only finished one or two.
  35.  
    Botrakhmer highlighted:
    How you use your time determines what you accomplish in life.
  36.  
    Botrakhmer highlighted:
    Some men see things as they are and say ‘why?’ I dream things that never were, and say, ‘why not?’ --George Bernard Shaw

  37. Kattlyst highlighted:
    How have you made it a better place in which to live? In what ways have you had positive, lasting effects on others? What special innovation will you be remembered for? Will people think of you as a doer, a visionary, a leader who accomplished something better? Or, will people remember you for having wasted your abilities?

  38. Kattlyst highlighted:
    John Quincy Adams said, “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

  39. Kattlyst highlighted:
    When it’s all over, all said and done, What impact will your life have had on the world? --John Paul Carinci Insurance Executive The Question of a Lifetime
    1. Kattlyst highlighted:
      1. In a 1985 monthly publication of Insight, there is an article about Andrew Carnegie, the great steel maker, who was asked by a reporter, “How is it possible to have 43 millionaires working for you at the same time?” Mr. Carnegie answered, “They weren’t millionaires when they started working for me.” The reporter asked, “Well, what happened?” Mr. Carnegie replied, “We believe in rewarding excellence in performance, and these men have developed themselves to the degree that they have become millionaires.” The reporter asked, “How do you develop so many people?” Andrew Carnegie replied this way: “I develop men exactly the same way you mine gold. In order to get an ounce of gold, you move tons and tons of dirt. But you don’t go looking for the dirt; you go looking for the gold.”

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment