Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Enthusiasm"

 from my upcoming book

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
― Rudyard Kipling

The truly enthusiastic individual is a very special breed. Oh, sure, there are ...those individuals who may appear to many as being enthusiastic. But the really special individual has a way of maintaining their enthusiasm no matter what is thrown at them. That is the person that attains greatness. That is the person that stands out from the crowd. That is the person that will amaze everyone with achievements that are normally considered impossible.
I like to think of the truly enthusiastic individual as someone who has the ability to apply Mental Blinders on themselves. Just like the race horse that is sometimes equipped with blinders that will block out all distractions all around them, the person that applies their own Mental Blinders, blocks out all the negativity all around themselves.
It is estimated that over 80% of all talk around us is negative. Many people are dweling on the negatives in the world rather than the positives. Ther have always, from the beginning of time, been negative things in the world. The true winner knows how to block out the negative influences all around them I know I have made a practice of secretly raising my protective Mental Blinders whenever I hear that poisonous negative talk that someone will continue the spew. I cannot change every person around me, and I have no right to limit someone’s opinions and frustrations, but I can block the absorbance of that negativity from penetrating my subconscious mind.
This is what I have practiced over my lifetime. So, try to apply your own Mental Blinders the next time someone is relentlessly talking and active negative around you. It is like a shield. My secret shield protects and maintains my positive drive to achieve my current goal.

“Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world...if you do so, you are insulting yourself.”
― Bill Gates

“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.”
― Victor Frankl
C-2014 John Paul Carinci -upcoming book almost finished... http://www.amazon.com/John-Paul-Carinci/e/B004ZAAJUM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_

No comments:

Post a Comment