Thursday, August 16, 2012

Make Today Your Best Day Ever!

W. Clement Stone said, “Do what you’re afraid to do.
When you run away because you are afraid to do something
big, you pass opportunity by.”
The idea was stated very nicely in Whitney Houston’s
song, “One Moment In Time,” with the words: “Give me
one moment in time, where I’m more than I thought I could
be, where all of my dreams are a heartbeat away, and the
answers are all up to me.”

The writer Jack London, wrote
something similar:
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would
rather that my spark should burn out in a
brilliant blaze than it should be stifled
by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow, than
a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper
function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days in trying to
prolong them. I shall use my time."
--Jack London
American Author

Let’s discuss wealth. Most people want to become
millionaires. It doesn’t sound too difficult, does it? Well,
here are the statistics, as delivered by the U.S. Census
Bureau: As of 2002, there were 2.22 million high net worth
individuals. The definition of a high net worth individual is
someone with financial assets of at least 1 million dollars,
excluding real estate. So, just over two million people in
the United States are classified as high net worth. The
population of the United States is just over 292 million.
It is clearly very difficult to become a millionaire. But
it is far easier than it was years ago. After all, a person
earning $50,000 a year will have earned $1 million dollars
in twenty years.

If we can’t be millionaires, we can each strive to be
millionaires in our attitudes and the ways we think.

Remember, attitude is a state of mind.

"When everything seems to be going against you,
remember that the airplane takes off against
the wind, not with it."
--Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment