Thursday, July 5, 2012

What Is your All-Consuming Burning Desire?

What Is your All-Consuming Burning Desire?


One constant burning desire that keeps driving me forward, is to grab hold of the torch that others, who have passed on, carried. In my mind I visualize that I’ve been given the responsibility to achieve the things others did not have the chance to finish.
It is a great honor carrying the torch for them, celebrating their remembrance. I picture them watching and cheering me on. I truly believe that each and every person we think about in the hereafter can, in turn, think and visualize us here. Maybe it is my own little fantasy.

Maybe I am all wrong. But you can find your own burning desire, something that drives you on to greatness.

George Burns, the comedian, is a good example of someone who kept entertaining people until the day he died. Entertaining others was his life. He taught all of us that you do not stop achieving because society expects you to at a certain age. As he got older, we kept rooting for him while he kept achieving new accomplishments in films and
stage work.

George Burns has inspired me to keep dreaming of new goals. I have an obligation to those who are looking down, watching me, those who are rooting for me.

What do you want to achieve? What new goals should you be accomplishing? Just picture all those whom you have known who have passed on. Picture them supporting,
watching, and rooting for you. You really do have your own fan club.
Imagine, dream, achieve, and become.

      “I plan to win even when common sense should tell
      me that I no longer have a chance. Even when I
      have been playing at my worst, or when all the
     breaks have been going against me, I approach 
     each new day, each new hole, as a glorious
    opportunity to get going again.”
                   --Arnold Palmer
                  Golfer/Four times Masters Winner

     “The people who get on in this world
     are the people who get up and look
     for the circumstances they want, and
    if they can’t find them, make them.”
                    --George Bernard Shaw
                   English Dramatist

C-2012 John Paul Carinci from his book The Power Of Being Different

No comments:

Post a Comment