Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happiness

‎(Taken from my book)
"Dr. No–Yong Park writes, “It is not difficult to find the way to happiness. If you want to enjoy sunshine, first suffer some rain or snow. If you want to enjoy a mild spring, first suffer a cold, bleak winter. If you want to enjoy a good vacation, study and work hard... and earn it. If you want to enjoy a hearty meal, first work hard and burn up yo...ur energy and g...ro...w hungry....”
On the subject of happiness, Dr. Park writes, “Here's a statement of what a Korean boy thought happiness meant to him. It appeared in one of Abigail Van Buren's columns. ‘Happiness is no longer having to roam the streets of Seoul, begging for food, sleeping in doorways and under bridges or being cold, hungry or dirty. Happiness is having an American believe in me enough to take me in, give me my first real meal in years, buy my first pair of socks, and leather shoes, and underwear, and give me a bed where I could sleep between sheets, let me see my first TV and give me the first security I have ever known. Happiness means being adopted and coming to the United States. Happiness is the opportunity to attend school again for the first time in three
years. Happiness is becoming an American citizen and making my new parents proud of me.’”
http://www.amazon.com/All-Consuming-Desire-Succeed-John-Carinci/dp/160037994X/ref=ntt_at_ep_edition_1_2

No comments:

Post a Comment